Meanderings

Stalking trout with dry flies. Floating, wading, and camping along the rivers. Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. Winter trips to Mexico.



Mar 13, 2018

One More Time

I needed to get a couple of fish I didn't get two days ago.  You know, it's just unfinished business.  Same place, different flies, different day, lighter hatch, less wind, warmer.  I couldn't take a decent fish picture today to save my life.  Cold water, lost grips, shitty angles, stirring up silt, just poor execution.  I kinda gave up on that, but fishing and catching was ok.

Tried to do a good deed and return a lost bottle of floatant to an upstream angler, and it kinda backfired.  Oh well, I stayed on the high road, and got the last chuckle catching the "uncatchable" fish from the "uncatchable" angle as the guy stood upstream of me at the head of the riffle, with his arms folded like I did something wrong.  I fished straight upstream, inches from the bank, in 6 inches of water.  It worked. The Brits do it too. 


Killer on the Mo, worked here too.


Worked as a BWO emerger too




No comments:

Post a Comment