Meanderings

Stalking trout with dry flies. Floating, wading, and camping along the rivers. Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. Winter trips to Mexico.



Jun 25, 2020

Brown Drakes

Beav. was low and clear-clear, but not many bugs or rising fish.  It was, and is, time for the Brown Drakes.  When I got to the parking lot and saw one on the shitter door handle, I figured that was a good sign.  There's still a few big fish that live in the slow flats of Millionaires.  There weren't a ton of drakes, but just enough to get a few fish up.  Caddis and PMD's is mostly what they were eating though, and not too regularly at that.  I got two nice fish early on a caddis, and two late ones on the size 10 softy.  What joy to use such a thing, and nearly get to the end of my backing twice.




2 comments:

  1. Jim: Great start to season. Some dam nice trout!
    bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm fishing sparse #18s and 20s again. Big bugs are a luxury.

    ReplyDelete