Meanderings

Stalking trout with dry flies. Floating, wading, and camping along the rivers. Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. Winter trips to Mexico.



Jul 10, 2017

It's Just On! (640cfs)

Well, not epic with risers all over the place.  The bugs aren't thick, but there's enough to keep some fish up. Its just consistent, like the flow.  PMD's in the morning, mostly spent.  A few spent flavs early too.  Slowing down late morning and afternoon.  More flavs hatching after the clouds in the early evening.  PMD's too.  Caddis flying most of the day.  Enough for early and late fishing, and they're looking for that flav!  The soft hackle is just killing it.  Spinners too.  Still an eat or two on the cripple.   Oh, and I haven't mentioned, but I've been fishing 4X since the very first morning.  No problem!
This #14 spinner was in the mouth of a fish I caught yesterday.  Hook had a little rust and a dull point, and I missed two eats with it.
 
I took this flav "emerger" I've been fishing and splayed the wings with my fingers.  It stayed spent, and caught a few.
 
 
 
Starting to get weedy
 
Just breaking the surface in the last week or so
 
 
Partridge and Green!  Killer.  NO refusals this morning.  Eaten alive.  Triple thread-tail,  fished dry, of course. :)
 
This Flav hatch has been so good, they deserve their own box now, and forever.  Left to right: "emerger" (my dun), light dun cdc spinner, dark dun cdc spinner, (need both for visibility changes) partridge and green, clipped hackle spinner, and various flav cripples (mostly Harrop).  All I need is the softy, but I've got it all covered!  (Note to self, do the same thing with a similar box for the Mahoganies in Sept. and Oct.)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment