Meanderings

Stalking trout with dry flies. Floating, wading, and camping along the rivers. Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. Winter trips to Mexico.



Jul 24, 2017

Yellowstone in the Park (5400cfs)

Hadn't fished the 'Stone in the park since the early 90's.  Before the lakers wiped out the Cutts.  Had the chance to drive in and give it a look.  There still aren't many fish in there, but there are some damn nice ones.  I managed to get a few, even though I was a couple hours late to the Drake party.  Water was very high, and no fish in the side channel above Buffalo (Nez Perce) Ford.  I need to return for a few days next year with hopefully a little lower water, and more preparedness.





23 inches of Yellowstone Cutt.



This and a Flav cripple got ate.

I couldn't get this pig to rise, but it would let me wade close and put my camera under water!

No comments:

Post a Comment