Meanderings

Stalking trout with dry flies. Floating, wading, and camping along the rivers. Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. Winter trips to Mexico.



Sep 23, 2019

Encore

It was blowin' hard at camp just below Emigrant, with wind in the forecast.  I hooked up the trailer to head out. As I approached the creek turnoff, the leaves were still, and the grass wasn't moving.  I detoured in, looked at the log book to see only my name from the day before, and signed in again!  The rest, as they say, is history. 

Another sunny warm day with the place to myself and rising fish all day.  Nowhere to go from here except down.  For the third evening in a row, I left pools and pods of rising fish.  Enough is enough.  Know when to say when.  If I cast again, I'm just going to get another eat.  All day easy fishing when I wanted it.  I could be choosy though.  And I was.  Only the best and brightest.  Some with flies of broken hearts still in their jaws.
They were doin' it upon arrival at the main pool . . . but no, not again . . . 

Upstream, I fished this bank for most of the day.  Just the big heads, 1-6 inches from the bank.  Cool takes.

Fed 'em the $3.95 Harrop "good" bug a lot.


This is a 25-cent version of the $3.95 bug, and it worked as good or better!

Lots of brown ones on the bank today.


No comments:

Post a Comment