Meanderings

Stalking trout with dry flies. Floating, wading, and camping along the rivers. Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. Winter trips to Mexico.



Sep 14, 2019

What a Start

Pulled in like I always do, mainly for a look and to stretch the legs and back before heading over the hills and into the Snake River Valleys.  I saw a few little mayflies and a fish or two rise, and figured what the hell.  Little did I know I'd catch what will probably turn out to be the heaviest rainbow of the next 6 weeks.  I caught all the fish I cast to, and there weren't many up.  It was a good stop though.  Been too long, as my last two stops yielded only wind.


All I fished

Liking the new net





Picture doesn't do it justice.  Only 21 inches, but just huge around.  Good thing it jumped in the grass!

1 comment:

  1. Jim: Nice start to the Fall season. Good looking creek and big fish. Like the colors on that Cutt. Neat new net; same look as the bucket on my NZ Mclean weigh net. Good luck on other rivers.
    bob

    ReplyDelete