Meanderings

Stalking trout with dry flies. Floating, wading, and camping along the rivers. Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. Winter trips to Mexico.



Jun 12, 2021

Last Chance Low

Knee high 'bout everywhere.  Yee Haw!  It sure as hell makes a difference.  The "catastrophic" drought year I've been waiting for is here.  Looks like I'm going to get some record-breaking heat with it soon, and I could do without that, but I'm all in on the low water, at least for now.  Forecast says 101 in Craig in a couple days.  Pass.

Caddis and PMD's are on the menu here.  Best I've seen this stretch in quite a few years.  Some nice fish too, not just dinks.  Crowded, but fish up literally everywhere.  Float it to 'em, and they eat it. 

A good start to what will probably be a too-hot June, but nevertheless a perfect morning going into a windy mid-70's afternoon.  Fished 'till I was wobbly, light headed, shoulder was shot, and the wind came up.  I need to have spring conditioning before getting into this!  The shoulder was hurting a week ago though, so I hope it holds up.  Not sure how, probably lifting stupid 40lb. lake trout.  My left-handed reach cast isn't so pretty, so bring on the anti-inflammatories.  

Wind was howling at the little spring creek in Wyoming on the way over, so missed that one this time.

Partridge and Hare


Partridge and Peacock


CDC and Hare


Lotsa Hare and Partridge


Evening Caddis in the House



No comments:

Post a Comment