Meanderings

Stalking trout with dry flies. Floating, wading, and camping along the rivers. Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. Winter trips to Mexico.



Jun 15, 2021

Ranch Open

But not much at Millionaires this morning other than the two pigs I hooked.  They're different down there.  No bugs though.  Green Drakes at Osborne mid-morning, but hardly any fish on 'em.  Last Chance is fishing the best of the places I've been.  Pissed away 5 big eats at the Log Jam yesterday, as I had it to myself.  Big winds the last couple of days after mid-morning.  Still HOT in the afternoons-high 80's.  Not a cloud to be seen.




Really liking it on the Log Jam flat





Lipless Wonder



Partridge Caddis

Evening caddis blizzard-Last Chance


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I think that guy, "The Man" such as it were, has been stolen by father time Bob. I missed 5 perfect eats from the biggest heads in the run, in clear view, the other morning. I hooked two fish yesterday morning that were as big and beautiful as any on the Fork. Big Millionaire's Pool fish. I had them within 20 feet of me, but managed to make the wrong decisions and never got them close to the net before the hook worked out. What picture-fish they would have been, big hook jaws, crimson gill plates, and clean bodies that hadn't been handled much. I just don't have it like I used to, for whatever reason. But I still struggle a few fish here and there, and am starting that "just nice to be out there" BS! It would be nice to get into southern Alberta. Passport in the truck! When will they re-open? Heard maybe an update on the 21st.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jim; It's still early in the season....you'll find your swing! Re: Borders...I think they are reviewing it on 21st. We are still in run-off phase but things dropping and slowly starting to clear up. No real dry fly yet so doing house renos and hoping to get out fishing consistently in a few weeks time. Last season with covid this place was packed with campers, recreation people and new anglers. I think it will be the same this summer as people feel safe outdoors....I think that is why Ranch is packed.

    ReplyDelete