Meanderings

Stalking trout with dry flies. Floating, wading, and camping along the rivers. Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. Winter trips to Mexico.



Jul 4, 2016

Armstrong's Spring Creek (July 1)

Its a recurring thing.  I have the standing reservation made a year in advance for the PMD hatch.  The creek is full, of both fish and fishermen, but there's enough of the fish to go around.  Its less crowded than most other waters on 4th of July weekend, that's for sure.  I know exactly how many people will be here, and can plan and fish accordingly.  I have July 1-2 on it next year . . . This year was "fantasy fishing."  Lots of fish, rising until mid-afternoon, and again in the evening.  I didn't move 50 feet all morning.  Didn't have to.  Same with the upper island in the evening.
 
 
 
 
 
The evolving CC HPHD was a killer
 
 
 
 
 
 
My hanging thread-body "Depuy Cripple" as I call it.  Deadly.
 
 
 
My "Beaverhead Slick Spinner" was a hit in the evening.  Also a yellow thread body.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment