Meanderings

Stalking trout with dry flies. Floating, wading, and camping along the rivers. Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. Winter trips to Mexico.



Jul 5, 2016

Depuys Spring Creek (July 2, 3, 4)

Three days on the same creek?  Why not?  Each day was different.  Day one was a little tough, as I was just in the wrong spots at the wrong times.  I did have two good runs through the "square rock pool" in the middle section though.  Day two I fished Betty's all day, with only one other angler below me, and it was steady most of the morning and afternoon.  On day three, I parked in a lower flat, with a good hatch, risers all around, and just ripped lips.  The beetle to start, then my "Depuy Cripple" until they all ate it, and I finished with a different CDC cripple in the faster bottom of the run.  It was the best day I ever had on Depuy's.  Pretty much non-stop. 
Started here, and left too soon on day one.  Grumpy was there with a client too.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Busy, but I had this lower flat, and it was all I needed.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This late storm was the only thing that stopped the madness!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment