Meanderings

Stalking trout with dry flies. Floating, wading, and camping along the rivers. Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. Winter trips to Mexico.



Jul 7, 2016

Beaverhead July 6 (760cfs)

It was high, but fairly clear by Beaverhead standards.  On a recent visit in late June, it wasn't so clear, even though it was 300 cfs lower.  Go figure.  It has problems with water from Clark Canyon Res.  It gets dirty, especially in recent years.  I stayed to fish and float on the 7th, but floated on out and left the neighborhood.  River was dirty again, with no hatches and no rising fish.  This one day I just got lucky I guess, because it was worth the float.  #16 LCC was the only fly I needed.
 
 
"First channel right" was very good to me.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Both fish were holding on this point of slower water
 
 
Got to here by shortly after noon, and it was pretty much over.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment