Meanderings

Stalking trout with dry flies. Floating, wading, and camping along the rivers. Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. Winter trips to Mexico.



Oct 27, 2016

Some Days . . .

 . . . Some days I just don't have my "stuff."  Like a pitcher who gets beat up in the first inning, and second, and the third, only there's no bull pen.  I missed and lost fish today in just about every way possible.  Some inexplicably, others bound to happen.  Breaks, weeds, limbs, timing, bad luck, whatever.  The day was a bluebird one, sunny and warm, and no wind (In Wyoming!)  No excuses there.  There wasn't much of a hatch, but there always seemed to be a fish or two rising.  Enough fish to stay busy missing and losing them all day!   It wasn't a complete wash though, as it was as comfortable of day as you get in late October in SW Wyoming, I got some dumb little 13-inchers along the way to maintain hope, and had enough quality takes to make a day of it.  I guess I was just rusty, I mean, it has been nearly two weeks for God's sake.  Need to fish more.  Some days . . .
Bluebird start

Beaver changed the current on this bend


#20 Harrop Midge got ate a lot for me!

He was ant fishing!



This #16 worked when the midge didn't

The downriver Glory Hole

The obligatory "ambidextrous" shot




Still a couple up as my fly became invisible

No comments:

Post a Comment