Meanderings

Stalking trout with dry flies. Floating, wading, and camping along the rivers. Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. Winter trips to Mexico.



Oct 4, 2017

Sunny Day

Snow and clouds, who needs that?  Pods of fish up all afternoon!  Probably got to the water too late 'cause they were doin' it at 1:00, but that provided enough non-stop fishing until 6-ish.  Got my limit.  Fished one lengthy side-channel slick, and it was full of pigs.  So was the bottom of the big island.  Sometimes I had to change flies to get the one I wanted to take, but as I've said, its good to keep things interesting.  Sri Lanka emergers, parachutes, cripples, and buzz balls all took fish.  It clouded up mid-afternoon, and is sprinkling as I enter this.  Just another afternoon of rip-city on the MO.  Man, I hope tarpon fishing is like this at the end of the month.😉
 
 
 
 
Fish rising all the way up
 
Underwater doesn't work as good as the clear spring creeks.
 
FOD and very visible on the dark background
 
 
Several little pods all up and down the bank
 
 
They've been eating dead bugs later in the hatch!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment