Meanderings

Stalking trout with dry flies. Floating, wading, and camping along the rivers. Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. Winter trips to Mexico.



Oct 8, 2020

Boxed

Pretty wadeable at 135.  The silt is still a problem though.  The locals in Last Chance say the river hasn't fished well in weeks, since the dirty-water event.  Many are worried.  It's still running dirty, but I managed a couple of really nice rainbows on a brown leech in the cloudy water.  Nice enough that I couldn't hold on to them!  Where the Buffalo flowed in clear, there were some 12-14 inchers rising that willingly took dries.  No floating grass!  Maybe will try further down in the canyon a bit.

Muddy, but some eaters

A clear line

Dry fly water


2 comments:

  1. Jim: It will be a memorable Fall, this one, all because of the Leech fishing. You'll look back and say, " I remember that one yr when I discovered that Leech fishing was effective on the Fork"...
    bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes sir, and my mind is now wandering all over from my past, present, and future. That will be a whole other post later on I suspect. I may have just hit a turning point again.

    ReplyDelete