Meanderings

Stalking trout with dry flies. Floating, wading, and camping along the rivers. Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. Winter trips to Mexico.



Jun 15, 2018

Good Start

PMD's, caddis, and little yellow stoneflies are a good start to a road trip!  The creek had 'em all, and some fish on 'em too.  Caught a few, lost some more, and enjoyed the last day of sunny and hot for a while.

It was a good place to try out my new camera toy too.  All this time, I thought those in-out/half-half/over-under water shots were the result of high end cameras and smooth operators.  That, and a bunch of luck. But no! Come to find out, most of 'em have a cheater gizmo on their camera, and now I have one too.  This is gonna be fun.  A lens bubble for the Go Pro.  It's a bit cumbersome, but I'll figure it out for the right circumstances.  Fun with some new angles this summer.

Now onto the rainy 'Fork for one of my favorite days of the year.  Ya, its a zoo, and fishing often ain't that hot, but still, its the opener!  The day I look forward to all year long.  It only comes once, and cannot be repeated for 364 more days.  Its a rainy opening morning.  Parking lot full of regulars in rain gear.  The bugs might come later in the day, when and if the rain stops, or even if it doesn't.  Could be . . . that word . . . epic.

Oh, and the Asshat from Utah who was fishing the ranch well below the logjam last evening got himself a ticket, but the warden kept him from the lynch mob waiting on the observation deck.  Thanks to the warden from Macks Inn for responding to my call, after-hours.

First try!

Sorry Hardys, you'll still get water time, but I'm sold on my Ross Colorado LT's.

This is gonna be easy!

#16 FOD


Its tomorrow, you idiot!  Lucky the warden showed up to save your ass.

The bugs will like it?

These guys might.  Its early, I can wait.  The gulls will tell me when.

1 comment:

  1. Yee-ha! Love the new camera-gizmo pics! Have a great trip, Jim!

    ReplyDelete