Meanderings

Stalking trout with dry flies. Floating, wading, and camping along the rivers. Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. Winter trips to Mexico.



Jun 29, 2018

Green Ones and Brown Ones.

Drakes, that is.  You know, here one day, gone the next.  The Drake saga.  The green ones made an appearance this afternoon up high.  The brown ones flew around a little,  but never really showed up at Millionaires.  The regulars say the browns are over, but they all showed up tonight just to make sure.  Me, I'm outta here.  Its been a tough ride, with a few peaks and mostly valleys.  But I'm already counting down to June 15, 2019,  I just can't help myself.  350 days.
An afternoon shower brought out the bugs and some rising fish

Tons of PMD's sprinked with a few green drakes

A few fish finally took care of this bug

I was really ready for one more night shift

Clouds were close

They flew for a few minutes

Then it was just a fisherman hatch.  Word got out on last night!

Never happened

1 comment:

  1. Jim: Nice ties, segmented bodies(quill). The fork...always wanted to go there and spend a month. Maybe when I get done with my career.
    bob

    ReplyDelete