Meanderings

Stalking trout with dry flies. Floating, wading, and camping along the rivers. Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. Winter trips to Mexico.



Sep 14, 2021

Beginning of the End

Weeds.  Lotsa weeds.  Must be September.  Tricos.  Like I, or the fish, care about those.  Some are eating them I guess, but I ain't tying one on.  No sir.  It's 4X and Mahoganies for me.  There's a few showing, and a few fish are lookin' for 'em.  I hooked some big fish this morning.  They all found the weeds, and the 4X broke against such strains.  It ain't quite as easy as muscling around cutthroats in a tiny creek.  This is life in the weeds, at Millionaires, where the big trout live.  

Bumper crop

Which one you going to eat?

Its a damaged loop wing PMD.  Passed well for a Mahogany

Weeds and people, plenty of both

The last big bug of the season

Always works

I got this one tonight, somehow, after it did the weed dance.  21".

Hook-Jawed veteran


1 comment: