Meanderings

Stalking trout with dry flies. Floating, wading, and camping along the rivers. Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. Winter trips to Mexico.



Sep 14, 2021

F(L)AT Cutties

It's been a while since I fished this one.  Not enough to remember what it looks like around each bend, but enough to remember the spot once I see it.  I've fished it all within the Elk Refuge, but this afternoon all I needed was just a short section of 8 or 10 turns. It does that in 100 yards.  There's a good fish or two on every 180 degree bend.  Its only open for 90 days, Aug-Oct.  I have to drive though busy Jackson to reach it, detouring from the route to all my other favorite rivers.  And I keep forgetting how such a tiny creek holds such big trout! 

Light smoke, but can still see the Tetons

Lots of these

Deep bend

And these

Fishy bend

Now we're getting somewhere

Wooded drop


Rising fish bend


My evening bend


All I needed

No comments:

Post a Comment