Meanderings

Stalking trout with dry flies. Floating, wading, and camping along the rivers. Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. Winter trips to Mexico.



Jul 7, 2022

Finding a Groove

I sort of felt like I should have today.  Longer hours, better execution, sort of natural.  I guess it takes three weeks to get there after such a long hiatus.  Most of the fish were the cookie-cutter 15 inchers, give or take an inch.  The photo light was no good from the start, with passing showers.  No spinners this morning.  Kinda odd given no rain overnight.  They all must have dropped last evening.  The mid-day hatch lasted all day for the most part, except for a couple of brief pauses for rain showers.  Lightning and showers took care of the evening bite too.  But it was a good long morning and afternoon of rising fish.

I need a new camera.  My damn phone takes clearer pictures than my old waterproof Pentax WG-II!  But, it doesn't have one-touch exposure bracketing, a macro mode for the flies, and would be a disaster of epic proportions if I dropped it in the drink.  Given that its harder to hold in the first place, that disaster would be inevitable.  Now Ricoh, who is also Pentax, has a WG-6 in the WG lineup, to name a few.  However, its still only 20mp instead of my current 16?  Hmmm.  Maybe just a sacrificial phone in the vest pocket.  Actual cameras are probably cheaper though.



The ole Mole took some fish



CDC on a hook worked great.  Lots of fish eating duns today!



It took me long enough, but I pulled out the old "Depuy's Hanger" today too.  They still loved it.  I just hadn't gotten around to tying one on.  Today was right for it.

Just prior to the evening bite about to happen.  It had started, but he big boy's hadn't yet moved up into the riffle.  Wind and rain prevented that.


No comments:

Post a Comment