Meanderings

Stalking trout with dry flies. Floating, wading, and camping along the rivers. Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. Winter trips to Mexico.



Jul 18, 2022

Call it a Trip

Big wind coming.  "An unusual summer wind event" with winds forecast to 55 mph.  High water and hot on the MO and Fork.  Been to the creeks. Seen the best of this place.  I'm ruined for the moment. Have work to catch up on before the real work resumes in a week.  Four rivers and five creeks in nearly five weeks.

We'll be back in 7 weeks or so.  Mahoganies.  Olives.  Leftover caddis and pmd's in Idaho.  Probably a trico or two.  Streamers if I can chuck 'em.  Cooler and comfortable for both me and Norman.  We had a nice finale this morning, and beat the wind home.

They kept coming

And eating PMD's.

Last one.

Fly of the morning, and fly of the trip!  I sometimes call it the PHD, but its technically a Harrop Captive Dun.  They're similar, both Harrop creations of course.

Here's the 'ole patch after 5 weeks.  It was clean on opening morning.  At least I used one percent or so of what I brought!

Another creek on the resume'.  We hope to add Silver and the Boise this fall, and others.


3 comments:

  1. Hey Jim, it's Payrollman. For some reason, it won't let me login to comment, so I have to do it anonymously.

    Those looks like some real hogs you were getting out of there. Glad you were able to make the trip. Thanks for going to the trouble of this blog, I for one, really appreciate it.

    By the way, is Norman full grown, or is he still growing? Something so delightful about a yellow lab....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure why you can't log in. Norman is 6 1/2 months and 50 pounds right now, so I think he still has some growing to do. Work in progress, training is going well, but a long way to go before he's by my side for every fish. (If that ever happens!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like that head-on brown shot, They Kept Coming..one.

    ReplyDelete