Meanderings

Stalking trout with dry flies. Floating, wading, and camping along the rivers. Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. Winter trips to Mexico.



Jul 5, 2021

Rain!!!

It started last evening, fell on and off overnight, and continued for most of the day today.  Wasn't quite in the forecast like this, but I'll take it.  Cloudy and 71 for a high!  After a highly anticipated morning walk from Eva's to the bottom end, and back, I was starting to wonder if I shouldn't be careful what I wish for.  Nothing doing.  Back up to Betty's, at least I can talk with Buzz and buy some badly needed flies.😂  I thought they'd come, eventually.  It would have been that dream day on the Fork, or the MO.  No wind and no sun.  It finally happened early afternoon.  The best PMD hatch I've seen all week here.  The fish got on the duns.  It was cool and wet, but a welcome relief from sunny and 95.  When the sun popped back out late in the afternoon, it abruptly ended.

On a more tragic note, the snap-on polarizing filter was knocked off my little WG-II camera by a fish I was holding this afternoon. (Guess he showed me) After lots of Google searches, I can't seem to find a replacement for it.  've had it so long, I can't even remember where I got it.  (Checked Amazon purchase history.  Nope.)  The camera is not made anymore, and I have two of them.  So my still photos will mostly suck from this point forward.  You wouldn't fish without polarized glasses, so why would you take in-water and on-water photos without polarized filters?  The glare is murder without a polarizing filter unless its cloudy or low-light.  Even then there is glare.  I've searched for other compact cameras that have good macro qualities, filter capabilities, and fit in a vest pocket.  Haven't found one.  I guess the search will begin again sometime.

Promising start

No Bugs

Just a few one-time junk eaters

FOD Hands down.  







No comments:

Post a Comment