Meanderings

Stalking trout with dry flies. Floating, wading, and camping along the rivers. Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. Winter trips to Mexico.



Oct 15, 2018

O' The Hunt

I met Larry this afternoon and told him to fish that run I fished yesterday with the big fish eating, and I'd go downstream.  The hatch didn't start until nearly 3:00.  PMD's and BWO's again.  There was a good fish in the run downstream of the bridge.  (The same run that some worm fisherman stringered-up 5 really nice , now dead, rainbows and then had the balls to ask me if I'd take his picture with them.)  So there was one left, and I got it.  Then I went down to the next pool, but only saw smaller fish.  There was a crowd of 5 fishing the head of the next long pool, so I went below and fished the big pond and the outlet run below it.  There were fish rising in both, but they got the best of me.  A few big eats, but no connections, and the eats were few and far between.  Never did solve the puzzle.  This place would be nuts on a cloudy showery day like I had a few years back.  Its tough now, and the hatches are late.
I let Larry hog the good close run that I camped in yesterday.

Still in the house

This fatty was fun.  They look like San Juan fish.

I remembered the PMD box today.  This got ate.

This pool had a lot of smaller fish going

Occupied redds everywhere

Some fish doin' it in these super slow pools.  Just tough.  And boring.

The outlet of the long "guaging station" pool.

There was quite a few fish coming up in the foam line around these rocks.  And some dandies.

I got a few eats, but mostly got my ass handed to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment